Thursday, November 10, 2011

awkward silence

I’ve been quiet for so long on this blog, it feels strange to say anything at all.

Hey. It’s me. I’m still alive over here, busily raising three boys and wearing any number of other hats: writer, friend, editor, wife, mother, cook, housekeeper. Should I keep going?

But you’re busy too, no doubt. Everyone I meet seems to have a couple of lives going.

I’ve been thinking about this space and how I want to fill it, or even, if I should fill it. I still don’t have any concrete answers, but I’m breaking the silence anyway. I’m not going to try to find my writing identity with this blog, instead, I’m just going to keep doing what I love to do: tell stories.

Yesterday, my Kindergartener (can you believe my baby is 5?) asked me a deep theological question on the way home from school: “Mom, why did God even make such a thing as barf?”

So, yeah. Marketing be damned. (I don’t even know if I’m allowed to say that word on this here, but there it is. If I disappear, you’ll know why.) You can expect the same high quality material you’ve come to expect from the Llama Momma. Because that’s the way I roll.

6 comments:

terra @ terratalking said...

I get it. Totally get it. And the answer to the barf question - it would explode your intestines if it couldn't come back. I can save a few diapers if he'd like to see this experiment in action. ;)
welcome back.

Llama Momma said...

Thanks for getting it, Terra.

And, yeah, we had a long conversation about digestion. (agestion, according to B.)

That child just makes me laugh.

Marmot Mom said...

welcome back---formally identified and everything!

Sues said...

Always here for whatever stories you share!

Llama Momma said...

Thanks, Marmot Mom! Yes. I'm coming out of the anonymous shadow and planning to incorporate my REAL identity here. I'm not sure what that will look like, but I'm not letting that hold me back from just writing, if that makes sense. :-)

Llama Momma said...

Thanks, Sues!!! We had our first "snow" yesterday, and man, I was wishing I was someplace warm!!!